This division is responsible for:
- The abstraction of raw water for domestic consumption. Raw water is extracted from the following water sources:
- Plett Central Water Works: Keurbooms River, Roodefontein Dam in the Piesangs River and ground water (six boreholes)
- Kurland water purification works: Wit River
- Nature’s Valley purification works: Groot River
- The quality control monitoring and treatment of the raw water to the South African National Standard (SANS 241) are done by the division itself as well as by the Departments of Health and Water Affairs and Forestry.
- Compiling of monthly reports indicating the standard of domestic water supply to consumers.
The division currently operates the following water purification works, classified by DWAF as:
Last published 04 February 2019
- Plettenberg Bay Central Water Works: Class B works
- Kurland water purification works: Class C works
- Nature’s Valley Ozone Clear: Class E works
- Emergency and preventative maintenance of bulk water mains, water treatment, dams and reservoirs