Closing Date: 18 January 2018
Salary: R 272 501.83 – R 353 725.97 (T12) + MUNICIPAL BENEFITS
POSITION: ACCOUNTANT: CREDIT CONTROL AND DEBT COLLECTION
DEPARTMENT: FINANCIAL SERVICES
DIVISION: REVENUE SERVICES
SECTION: CREDIT CONTROL
BASIC SALARY: R 272 501.83 – R 353 725.97 (T12) + MUNICIPAL BENEFITS
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE: ● B Degree in Commerce or Finance NQF 6 ● 3 years relevant experience ● Compliance with the relevant Minimum Competency Levels for Financial Officials as prescribed will be an added advantage.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS Computer literacy (MS Office Applications with advanced Excel and SAMRAS knowledge ● Code B Drivers’ license●, Proficiency in at least 2 of the official languages of the Western Cape (Read, write and speak) Good management, human relations, interpersonal and communication skills and analytical skills●, Ability to give attention to detail ● High level of responsibility ● Ability to work under pressure.
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES: ● Performing of Credit Control & Debt Collection duties in accordance with laid down Credit Control & Debt Collection legislation,, policies and procedures, ● Communicating with respective internal and external role players ● Coordinate and control Management Information Systems of the Section ● Ensure effective and efficient implementation of the Credit Control & Debt Collection policy of Council● Advise and reporting to Council with regards to special debt collection initiatives● Responsible for the Performance Management of debt collection ratios and targets●Control write off and debt collection processes in accordance with laid down procedures and policy● Co-ordinates and controls tasks/activities associated with controlling personnel performance, productivity and discipline● Responsible for Indigent management●Coordinate and control procedural administrative requirements, record keeping and reporting deadlines associated with the functionality● Keeping abreast of developments, emerging trends and latest technologies in the profession
Work related enquiries can be directed to Manager: Revenue, Ms. S Daniels on 044 501 3000 or email on email@example.com .
For general enquiries contact Mr Henry van Rooyen or Ms Elaine Sipingo on telephone no: 044 501 3000.
Candidates must be willing to be subjected to an interview and evaluation process and be aware that previous employers and references may be contacted and their qualifications, credit and criminal records may be verified. Candidates that are invited for screening will be responsible for their own travel and accommodation costs. Such cost may be claimed back if such claims are made according to Council’s Policy.
Application forms are available on the Bitou website (www.bitou.gov.za ); A detailed CV of no more than five pages plus original certified copies of qualifications must be attached to the application form and must be posted/hand delivered to the Human Resource Section, Bitou Local Municipality, Private Bag X1002, Plettenberg Bay, 6600.
Please take note:
1. ONLY hard-copy applications will be considered. No electronic or faxed applications will be accepted.
2. Please complete the Reference Checking Consent & Authorization Form which is available on the Municipality’s Website. (Compulsory)
3. Late applications will not be considered. Canvassing of Councillors with the purpose of being appointed is not permitted and proof of such canvassing shall lead to disqualification.
4. Bitou Municipality is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from the designated groups, including those with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
5. If you receive no feedback from us within 12 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Bitou Municipality reserves the right not to make any appointment and to re-advertise before a short list is compiledNotice 293 of 2017_Accountant Credit Control and Debt Collection (Closing 18 January 2018) (392.12KB) External Job application form (301.61KB) Reference Checking consent form (181.62KB) Last published 04 February 2019