Closing Date: 10 January 2020
Salary: PAYMENTS WILL BE DIRECTED TO THE RECOGNISED INSTITUTION PLEASE ATTACH THE BANKING DETAILS OF THE INSTITUTION.
The below basic conditions are COMPULSORY and must be met prior to the application being received and processed: -
- Eligibility for Bitou Municipality financial assistance towards further studies is confirmed to prospective students whose parents are either residents or who owns ratable property within Bitou Municipality. Applications are STRICTLY limited to the residents of Bitou Municipality.
- The Municipal Council places no restrictions on the field of study intended to be followed by the applicant, other than to restrict the bursary to attendance at a recognized tertiary institution.
- Applicants must attach copy of Grade 12 results or certificate to the application.
- Applicants must have passed Grade 12 not prior 2019. The Bitou Municipality will allow only a Gap year + one.
- 2nd year students and above must submit copy of previous academic years’ results to the application form.
- Applicants must attach copy of proof to the total household income to the application form.
- Applicants must attached copy of proof to provisional acceptance at tertiary institution to the application form.
- The bursary is not tied to the “bursary applicant” and will not be required to subsequently work for the Municipality and, similarly, there is no obligation on the Municipality to provide employment for the successful bursary applicant.
- The availability of the bursary is advertised in the local press.
- Applications received will be submitted to a subcommittee for initial consideration and, thereafter, if necessary, to the Accounting Officer whom may call for interviewing of short listed candidates.
- Payment of the Financial Assistance shall be made directly to an officially registered academic/learning institution and such an institution must be registered with the Council of Higher Education and proof thereto demonstrated. Under no circumstances will monies be transferred to any other institution other than the one reflecting on the application form and/or had granted provisional acceptance and/or an individual. Such institution must operate within the boundaries of Republic of South Africa.
- A Declaration must be submitted to Bitou Municipality, by the applicant regarding any other bursaries (financial assistance) received, the same applies in the event that no other financial assistance is due to the applicant from whatsoever institution, by no later than 13h30 on Friday 10 January 2020.
SEND APPLICATIONS TO:
NOTICE 02-2020 - Application for Mayoral Bursary Fund- 2020 Academic Year (124.16KB)
BURSARY APPLICATION FORMS 2019 final (002) (268.82KB)
Last published 09 January 2020
The Manager: Office of the Executive Mayor
Bitou Local Municipality
4 Sewell Street