RE: PROVINCIAL INVESTIGATION REPORT DATED 17TH MARCH 2019 RELATING TO SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS AT BITOU MUNICIPALITY PURSUANT TO SECTION 7(4) (g) OF THE WESTERN CAPE MONITORING AND SUPPORT OF MUNICIPALITIES ACT 2014 PREPARED AND ISSUED BY PETER ALLWRIGHT AND JOSIAS STRYDOM DATED 17TH MARCH 2019.
(Hereinafter referred to as “the report”).
Annexures (Index) to our report:
15. Our instructions are you have permission to place this letter and the annexures thereto on your website and we will request our client to do the same.
16. Bitou Municipality is an organ of state which is bound by various pieces of legislation, including the Constitution.
17. Our client has instructed us to record that they wish to assure the ratepayers that the Municipality takes the allegations contained in the report seriously and will investigate each matter properly. Any person found to have contravened the law and/or policies will be taken to task based on the recommendations provided by our legal team.
18. The Municipal Manager is also willing to meet with the Plettenberg Bay Ratepayers Association to discuss the implementation of the advice given.
19. The Bitou Municipality has a zero-tolerance policy for fraud and corruption, but it must take reasonable steps within the bounds of the laws that control it.
20. We request that the ratepayers remain patient with the Bitou Municipality as it takes the necessary steps to properly assess the issues in compliance with legislation and policy.
21. Kindly acknowledge receipt.
MOSDELL PAMA AND COX
SHANE DE BEER
(Sent electronically so not signed)
Last published 27 February 2020