Parks & Recreational Section Core Function
John Booyens - 071 019 7748 Lesley Andrews - 083 258 710
Johannes Pika - 083 258 2370
- Cleaning and beautification of open spaces
- Management of Hiking trails and recreational ( picnic ) areas
- Maintenance of sport grounds , cloakrooms
- Sport development
- Planting , pruning and cutting of trees , shrubs and grass
- Development and maintenance of Play Parks
- Monitoring cleansing of private properties
- Management of complaints
- Eradication of Alien invasive Plants
- Management of Green waste
- Garden refuge collection from formal or informal household
- Generating of Compost cleaning and Sweeping of streets
- Maintaining and beautifying municipal gardens
- Managing and control Cemetries
- Ensuring available space for burial within cemeteries terrains
- Providing adequate graves
- Built up graves
- Handling Pauper funerals
- Managing application of tarrifs
- Keeping cemeteries record in place
- Upholding neatness
Please note for public attention
The sidewalks belong to the municipality and we are grateful for the people that beautify it, but our concern and only request is when house owners want to beautify it, please liaise with the Parks &Recreation Section before starting a garden. Often trees and shrubs are being planted too close to the road verges and corners and it obstructs traffic.
Sport & Recreation
- Key functions
- Maintenance of municipal sport fields
- Developing, upgrading of existing and construction of new infrastructure based on sport needs.
- Interact with established sport stakeholders.
- Facilitate and attend local and external sport meetings.
- Development and update sport data.
- Coordination of sport activities and facilities.
Play Parks & Recreation
- Maintenance of swings
- Fixing broken poles
- Fixing fences
- Painting of play parks and equipment.
John Booyens - 071 019 7748
Lesley Andrews - 083 258710
Johannes Pika - 083 2582370
Last published 09 May 2016