Parks & Recreational Section Core Function
Contact: Jeremy Basson
Cell: 079 102 5130
Tel: 044 501 3124
- Cleaning and beautification of open spaces
- Management of Hiking trails and recreational ( picnic ) areas
- Maintenance of sport grounds , cloakrooms
- Sport development
- Planting , pruning and cutting of trees , shrubs and grass
- Development and maintenance of Play Parks
- Monitoring cleansing of private properties
- Management of complaints
- Eradication of Alien invasive Plants
- Management of Green waste
- Garden refuge collection from formal or informal household
- Generating of Compost cleaning and Sweeping of streets
- Maintaining and beautifying municipal gardens
- Managing and control Cemetries
- Ensuring available space for burial within cemeteries terrains
- Providing adequate graves
- Built up graves
- Handling Pauper funerals
- Managing application of tarrifs
- Keeping cemeteries record in place
- Upholding neatness
Please note for public attention
The sidewalks belong to the municipality and we are grateful for the people that beautify it, but our concern and only request is when house owners want to beautify it, please liaise with the Parks &Recreation Section before starting a garden. Often trees and shrubs are being planted too close to the road verges and corners and it obstructs traffic.
Sport & Recreation
- Key functions
- Maintenance of municipal sport fields
- Developing, upgrading of existing and construction of new infrastructure based on sport needs.
- Interact with established sport stakeholders.
- Facilitate and attend local and external sport meetings.
- Development and update sport data.
- Coordination of sport activities and facilities.
Play Parks & Recreation
Last published 07 January 2021
- Maintenance of swings
- Fixing broken poles
- Fixing fences
- Painting of play parks and equipment.