CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE APPOINTMENT AS MEMBERS OF THE VALUATION APPEAL BOARD BITOU MUNICIPALITY
Interested and qualified practitioners are invited to apply to serve as members to the Valuation Appeal Board for Bitou Municipality In terms of section 58 of the Local Government: Municipal Property Rates Act, 2004 (Act 6 of 2004) (“the MPRA”).
COMPOSITION OF THE VALUATION APPEAL BAORD AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
The Valuation Appeal Board must consist of the following:
||MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
- The Chairperson must be a person with legal qualifications and sufficient experience in the administration of justice (e.g. sufficient as a judge, magistrate, other judicial officer, statutory tribunal or body)
|A minimum of two and a maximum of four other members
- Sufficient knowledge of or experience in the valuation of property;
- At least one member ( other than the chairperson) must be a Professional Valuer registered in terms of the Property Valuers Profession Act, 2000 (Act 47 of 2000); or
- must be a Professional Associated Valuer, without restrictions and with at least ten years’ experience, registered in terms of the Property Valuers Profession Act, 2000 (Act 47 of 2000).
All members of the Valuation Appeal Board will be appointed by the Provincial Minister of Local Government, Environmental Affairs and Development Planning (“the Provincial Minister”) in terms of section 58(2) of the MPRA
Functions of the Valuation Appeal Board are:
- To hear and decide appeals against the decisions of a municipal valuer concerning objections to matters reflecting in, or omitted from the valuation roll of a municipal area;
- Review decisions of municipal valuer submitted to in terms of Section 52 of the MPRA.
Commissions and Committees of Enquiry: Remuneration Tariffs of Non-Official Members:
- R5230.00 per day/R654.00 per hour as Chairperson.
- R3880.00 per day/R486.00 per hour as alternate professional valuer/member; and
- Travel allowance is based on national tariffs of the Department of Transport.
Each application must contain at least the following:
- An unabridged CV detailing the applicant’s knowledge, experience and suitability for the position;
- Certified copies of the applicant’s qualifications;
- Certified copies of the applicant’s professional registration (if applicable);
- A certified copy of the applicant’s ID document/passport (copies of driver’s licences are not acceptable).
Applications must be clearly marked “Valuation Appeal Board” and must be emailed to the office of the Chief Financial Officer at; firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening date: 07 October 2021
Closing: 12:00 on 19 November 2021.
Enquiries regarding the above mentioned may be directed to the following persons within the Bitou Municipality during working hours:
Last published 27 October 2021
- Mr Siyabulela Frans, Accountant: Rates; tel. 044 501 3432 or via email to email@example.com
- Applications that do not meet the requirements set above, and applications received by the Bitou Municipality after the date and time stipulated above, will not be considered.
- Please note that, should no feedback be received from Bitou Municipality by in respect of these applications by 19 December 2021, applicants may assume that their applications have been unsuccessful.