Skip to main content

How do I apply for an indigent subsidy?

Complete the “Indigent Grant Application” form.
If you are employed, you will need certified proof of your income.

You will need a certified copy of your identity document. If you are unemployed or a pensioner, you will need to make an affidavit to that effect at a police station or commissioner of oaths.
Submit all the relevant documentation to your nearest municipal office. You will be notified by post if your application is successful.

NOTE: You must reapply for your subsidy before the anniversary date of your first application or your subsidy will fall away.

Indgent Application form.pdf (